Thursday, August 19, 2010

Becoming Independent

Every day it amazes me how Lucy grows and changes. She's no longer a little baby who needs me to provide everything for her. She is becoming much more vocal and able to communicate her needs and wants. (Which lately has led to her many crying fits in the middle of the floor when her needs aren't immediately met! At what age do we learn patience?? :) Oh well, at least I am certainly learning more about patience each day!) Tonight at dinner, Lucy decided it was time to feed herself. Enjoy the photo "documentary" of our evening below!

Eating with Mommy
Hmm, I think I'll try this myself . . .

The most precious Carrot-covered face in the world

I like being able to do this myself!

Mommy, do you see me being a big girl?

MORE CARROTS!!

Fill my spoon up again, please!

Baxter enjoyed dinner time too. . .notice the carrots on Lucy's legs! :)

MMM, dinner was good!!

And this last picture, I couldn't resist because it's just so sweet. After dinner, we had a bath and then I set Lucy in her chair so that Mommy and Daddy could eat dinner. She was talking and playing with her toy remote, and then all of a sudden, the room got quiet. I looked over and here's what I saw . . . . . even after an evening of temper tantrums, this little face will get you every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment