Friday, January 29, 2010

Could this little girl get any cuter?


I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying life with a seven month old! :) Lucy is sitting on her own so well and she loves to play. She reaches and grabs for everything and it almost always makes its way to her mouth. While she doesn't have any teeth yet, they must be coming any day now the way she chews on everything. She loves to eat - the girl hasn't met a food yet that she doesn't like! She smiles and laughs and is happy almost all the time. She flirts with anyone and everyone who walks by. She loves to talk to the "baby in the mirror" and will set for a long time waving at and "Playing" with her reflection. She LOVES Baxter and laughs and reaches for him all the time. He is so good with her and will let her pet him. She is beginning to give kisses now and while they are slobbery messes, they are the best kisses in the world!

Lucy loves her bath time. She has started to splash in her duck tub and loves to play. She always wants a washcloth to play with in the tub and last night during bathtime she tried to drink the bathwater. No, we didn't let her drink the water but it's so cute to see her expressions as her brain thinks "Hmm . .. what will happen if I do this??" At the end of bath time she always cries because she doesn't want it to end. It's so cute!

This morning when I left for work was the first time she has cried as I was walking out the door. I told her bye and walked away and she cried and started reaching for me. It was so hard to leave and if I hadn't been leaving her home with Michael, I'm not sure how I would have left!! I was so glad that school dismissed at 1:00 today so I could get home to her!

Every day with Lucy is a new adventure. She is so full of joy, excitement, curiosity, and love and our lives are so richly blessed by every moment with her. I look forward to all the exciting things to come but at the same time, I want to freeze this moment in time and treasure it because she is growing so quickly. How I got so lucky, I'll never know but I am so thankful for my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment