Monday, March 1, 2010

No more dairy . . . again . . . .

When we went for Lucy's checkup the other week, Dr. Bernstein mentioned cutting dairy out of my diet again to help with Lucy's skin. I kind of laughed it off because her skin was looking better than it had been and it seems that the warmer the weather gets, the better her skin looks. But this weekend, an ugly little rash has broken out on her body . . .not on her arms and legs though. It doesn't seem to bother her too much, but lotion and hydrocortizone doesn't seem to be clearing it up. So for the next two weeks, I am going to cut dairy out of my diet and keep a food journal for her. If we're still having trouble with her skin, at least we'll be able to rule out those steps and try the next thing! I know that I can cut the dairy out since I have done it before, but it's such a pain! I never realized until I had to start reading labels how many different foods have dairy. Hopefully she doesn't have a milk allergy and if she does, it will disappear as she gets older. I would hate for her to have to go her whole life without real chocolate!!! :)

They are calling for snow here tomorrow. As much as I hate having to miss school and make it up later, it would be nice to stay at home with Lucy for the day! The weekend was so busy with things at church that I feel like I haven't seen her much! Of course, they aren't calling for anything until the early morning, so we'll have to see in the morning!

Below is a video of Lucy playing her piano. She has the best time with it!!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see Lucy is already preparing for her PSOM audition.

    ReplyDelete