Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another snow day. . .


Well, today has been snow day number 3 for us here in the mountains. It was an optional teacher's workday but I got a phone call this morning from my principal who more or less encouraged us all to stay home and make the day up later. No problem for me - I had already decided to stay home! Lucy has had a cough/cold for the past few days so I thought another day at home would be good for her. Turns out that was a good idea . . .she has gone back and forth between feeling fine to acting pitiful all day. The picture above is from one of our happy times today - LUNCH! :) Lucy enjoyed a big girl sandwich for lunch today. She was so excited to get her toasted cheese sandwich that she wouldn't even share a bite with Baxter! She also has learned to drink from a straw and of course, this excites her because now she can drink from Mommy's Sonic cup too. :) Another high point was when we were playing earlier and she was making her animal sounds, which you can hear in my previous post. By dinner time though, she had enough. She has napped off and on throughout the day and run a low grade fever. Around 5:15, I put her up in her chair, fixed her pasta pickups and gave her those and an applesauce. I turned around to pick up a few things and when I turned back around, she was asleep in her chair, dinner untouched. I rocked her in the recliner for a while, thinking she would wake up from this nap, ready to eat, but after an hour, I laid her down in her bed. We'll see how she is in the morning - if she's still pitiful, we'll call the pediatrician. Fortunately, it is ANOTHER snow day tomorrow (optional teacher workday) so I may see if I can take that option.)

I have to say, that even with a little girl not feeling at her best, I have so enjoyed my snow days. I can't remember the last time that I had time at home with my family, with no where to be, nothing pressing that must be done, and no projects that have to be completed. My kitchen has been organized, my house is the cleanest it has been in a LONG time, I've cooked dinner every night, written some thank you notes and I have even IRONED clothes! And believe it or not, I have enjoyed it. Domesticity isn't so bad when your time is your own! And we've had lots of time together as a family. We've played with ALL of Lucy's toys, we've watched movies, we've made cookies - it's just been a fun week. So even though many people around here are getting stir crazy and worried about when we'll make this time up at school, I couldn't have asked for a better week - sick child and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment