Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23rd

Are you on Pinterest?? I have to admit, this website has become an obsession for me. I waste so much time here, sadly. Of course, is it a true waste of time if I get ideas to use??? I find tons of great recipes, ideas for school, ways to be more organized, as well as fun ideas for things to do with Lucy.

The first group of pictures in this series are from our baking adventures in the kitchen today. There are SO many great recipes on Pinterest and I have made many in the past few months. Some are delicious, some are not so great, but it's always fun to try something new. I found this recipe for Cherry Christmas Salad (you can click HERE to read the recipe yourself!) - we decided we'd like to try it for our Christmas Eve dinner.

Lucy and I set to work this afternoon to get it ready for tomorrow.

I opened cans and Lucy poured everything in. . .

While Mommy stirred, Lucy cleaned the lid of the Cool Whip container . .. wasn't that thoughtful?! ;)

Lucy's favorite part was adding the marshmallows (which for some reason she calls "mill flowers" - so cute!!)

The finished product - not it just needs to chill in the refrigerator until dinner tomorrow! What a good helper!

Tomorrow morning, we are going to bake our Christmas cookies for Santa. Lucy loves to help in the kitchen and she has already picked out her cookie cutters to use tomorrow.

The next set of pictures are inspired by an another idea I got from Pinterest. There are all kinds of tips on how to use your camera, your photo editing programs, and ideas for cute new pictures. I saw this idea and had to try it for myself. I promise, Lucy was closely supervised while playing with the lights! :)






i

No comments:

Post a Comment